Gaskets, Seals & Shims
The Belzona load bearing shim solution has been developed in response to increasing demand from the industry to maintain and install equipment and structures with minimum downtime, maximum reliability and lowest cost.
Our range of cold cure composite materials allow for immediate formation of irregular shaped and high strength load bearing shims used in equipment location or construction projects. Belzona load bearing shims are excellent at eliminating corrosion including crevice, galvanic and fretting corrosion. Our erosion and corrosion resistant materials do not shrink and possess excellent compressive strength.
Abrasion and corrosion between pipe supports, wear plates or two mating faces will often lead to a difficulty in ensuring adequate seals. Belzona abrasion resistant polyurethane elastomers combined with simple application techniques can create the perfect seal between surfaces which expand or contract at different rates.
Gaskets can be formed in-situ using rubber repair and protection materials without the need for long shutdowns. Custom made gaskets and seals of any desired shape or size can be created.
Belzona's range of metal repair composites will:
- Provide customised load bearing shims
- Create load bearing and self-lubricating sliding pipe supports
- Reform distorted flange faces
- Restore damaged, distorted or corroded mating surfaces
- Rebuild compression seal seat areas
Belzona's range of rubber repair and protection materials will:
- Create custom made gaskets and seals of any desired shape or size
- Bond a perfect seal between surfaces which expand and contract at different rates
- Ensure electrical isolation to prevent electrolytic forms of corrosion
- Seal entry points
- Rebuild sliding gate seals
In addition, Belzona's range of waterproofing systems can be used to seal corroded and deteriorated tank bases.