Mechanical Power Transmission
Belzona can provide a wide variety of repairs, protection methods and performance enhancing systems for mechanical power transmission.
Belzona provides a comprehensive range of solvent free epoxy composite materials designed to repair and prevent the common failures associated with mechanical power transmission. Belzona's cold applied epoxy materials offer a rapid and reliable alternative to welding and machining techniques which are required for conventional repairs.
Worn and damaged shafts can be repaired in-situ, limiting the downtime and lost production costs which can be incurred. Bearing housings can be repaired utilising our erosion and corrosion resistant metal repair materials which provide in-situ and emergency repair solutions that can extend the lifetime of your equipment and return machinery to service in a fraction of the time.
Belzona cold cure epoxies are formulated to offer long-term erosion and corrosion protection and have the ability to bond to a variety of metallic surfaces including cast iron, aluminum and steel.
Belzona's range of metal repair composites will:
- Repair and rebuild damaged and scored shafts
- Protect exposed areas from corrosion attack
- Repair oversized keyways
- Protect exposed surfaces from corrosion pitting
- Rebuild damaged bearing locations in-situ without machining
- Modify existing bearing seats
- Repair or replace low-friction bearing surfaces
- Reform ball joint housings
- Realign pins into oversized housings
- Reseat bushes into damaged locations
- Repair elongated coupling bolts/dowel locations
- Rebuild drive faces