Engines and Casings
Cold cure composite materials for the long-term repair and protection of industrial engines and casings against erosion and corrosion.
Belzona provide a wide range of composite materials especially suited to the repair and restoration of engines and casings. Used regularly on large industrial engines such as locomotives, marine engines and generators.
Belzona's erosion and corrosion resistant metal repair materials allow for the quick return to service of critical equipment such as engines and casings and faster turnaround times for repairs over traditional methods minimising cost and downtime.
Damage due to cavitation, impact damage, corrosion and cracking can be quickly repaired using Belzona's composite materials. Our cold cure and solvent free products are designed to offer long-term erosion and corrosion protection and have the ability to bond to a variety of metallic surfaces including cast iron, aluminum and steel.
Belzona's range of metal repair composites will:
- Resurface distorted mating faces on gearboxes and casings
- Accurately reform bearing and bushing housings
- Restore stripped threads in parts such as cover plates and sump plugs
- Effectively repair cracks and holes caused by mechanical failure, wear, erosion and corrosion
- Repair erosion, corrosion and cavitation damage on cylinder blocks and liners
- Simply repair and reseat bearing shells
- Fill voids and defects in metal casings
- Quickly seal porous and permeable casings
- Restore flanges to their original dimension
In addition to metal repair composites, Belzona's range of rubber repair and protection materials can be used to rebound resilient mountings or cast new mountings. Belzona 3211 (Lagseal) can also be used to protect the thermal insulation surrounding the casing.