Storage Tanks and Secondary Containment Areas
Belzona provide a wide range of metal and concrete repair composites and epoxy coatings to repair storage tanks and secondary containment areas and protect them from the effects of erosion, corrosion, chemical attack and environmental damage.
Solutions for Storage Tanks and Secondary Containment Areas
Belzona offer a variety of metal repair composites and epoxy coatings specifically created for the repair of storage tanks including tank base sealing, erosion and corrosion protection, cold bonding and leak sealing. Belzona's cold curing materials eliminate hot work, therefore ensuring safe and easy maintenance. Our high strength epoxy concrete repair products quickly restore secondary containment areas and damaged concrete whilst providing excellent chemical and impact resistance as well as compressive strength.
Internal Tank Repair and Protection
Storage tanks internally affected by erosion, corrosion and chemical attack can be rapidly repaired and protected using Belzona epoxy repair materials and coatings that will bond to many construction materials including GRP, FRP, steel and concrete. Belzona materials will:
- Allow immediate leak sealing and cold plate bonding in tanks using fast cure epoxies such as Belzona 1221 (Super E-Metal) and Belzona 1111 (Super Metal)
- Provide permanent restoration of concrete or steel surface
- Repair existing linings including glass flakes, rubber linings or epoxy linings
- Provide long term erosion, corrosion and chemical resistance using high strength epoxy coatings such as Belzona 1391 (Ceramic HT) and Belzona 5811 (Immersion Grade)
- Reduce downtime and offsite storage costs using spray applied, fast curing materials with exceptional durability
External Tank Repair and Protection
Belzona's epoxy repair composites and coatings are specifically designed to provide external protection for storage tanks and process vessels which can be applied in-situ even to hot equipment. Our materials offer exceptional bond strength allowing cold bonding of equipment to tank externals, eliminating the need for hot work. Belzona solutions for tank externals include:
- Spray applied, corrosion resistant epoxy coatings such as Belzona 5111 (Ceramic Cladding) provide easy clean surfaces and long term corrosion protection for tank external surfaces
- High adhesion epoxy composites such as Belzona 1111 (Super Metal) are used to restore tank integrity by plate bonding or to attach external equipment to the tank including wind breakers, fire deluge systems, brackets, supports and many more
- Tank base sealing using 'breathable' solvent free coatings such as Belzona 3111 (Flexible Membrane) which prevent water ingress under the tank whilst allowing trapped moisture to escape
Secondary Containment Repair and Protection
Damaged concrete floors and walls of secondary containment can be rapidly repaired with Belzona concrete repair composites and coatings, which reduce downtime and provide exceptional compressive strength, good impact resistance and excellent adhesion to concrete. Our chemical resistant coatings such as Belzona 4311 (Magma CR1) and Belzona 4341 (Magma CR4) will provide long-term chemical protection against a wide range of substances including acids and alkalis even at high temperatures. Belzona's versatile chemical linings can be applied by brush or by spray equipment, further speeding up the application and reducting downtime.
Belzona solutions secondary containment areas include:
- Pourable epoxy resins such as Belzona 4111 (Magma-Quartz) are ideally suited for crack filling, grouting, shimming and bonding of equipment
- Hard wearing concrete repair epoxies for example Belzona 4131 (Magma-Screed) for infilling damage and resurfacing degraded areas
- Lightweight concrete repair materials such as Belzona 4141 (Magma-Build) are ideal for repairs on vertical surfaces without the need for shuttering or supports while curing
- Spray or brush applied, fast curing epoxy coatings designed specifically to provide chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals at a variety of temperatures
- Creation of safety grip and walkways inside secondary containment areas